Friday 9 May 2008

Summer courses

While looking for apartments, I've noticed that a church in Manhattan runs lots of fun summer courses - swing dancing, cooking, introduction to Wagner, investment strategies - all kinds of random things, mostly one afternoon or evening. All the classes are about $10. I'm hoping to sign up, they look brilliant - there's a lottery system for some as they may be oversubscribed. This is one I really want:

EAT YOUR WAY AROUND THE WORLD IN QUEENS Saturday June 14th, 12 - 2 PM I Register for Location I $15 I Limited to 12 Can’t afford that trip to Barbados? Take a mini vacation to Queens! After a walk around the Elmhurst/Jackson Heights area, you’ll gather with others for a sharing and tasting experience. Sample from a choice of Indian, Colombian, Mexican, Filipino, Thai, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese and Burmese food! Alicia Lieu is a food lover who has lived in the most diverse zip code in America for the past year and a half. This Californian loves exploring the city, working out, rainy days and making music.

Registration begins at 6pm. Can't wait!

No comments: