Saturday 24 May 2008

Missed opportunity - again

Today I tried to go to a showhouse place at 66th St, with 30 rooms designed by top NY designers. Except, when I got there, it finished on Friday. The doorman gave me a brochure anyway. And I saved myself $30.

Then I walked another 30 blocks north to the Jewish museum to see this Andy Warhol exhibition:

http://www.thejewishmuseum.org/site/pages/onlinex.php?id=184&live_stat=warholtenportraits

Actually, the permanent exhibition was more interesting. I watched a really interesting documentary profiling Jews today in different parts of the world. The museum is free on Saturdays because of the Sabbath, so I saved myself $15 - so in total, I've saved $45 today.

Then I kept walking to the top of Central Park, (110th St) and walked west and down through the Upper West Side. I walked for 2 hours looking for somewhere I would like to eat. In the end I had to admit defeat, and stopped at the Upper West Side Magnolia Bakery for a key lime cheesecake. Then, on my final way home, I passed a street fair and have just had some delicious barbequed sweetcorn.

No comments: