Thursday 29 May 2008

Pie by the Pound


I just had lunch at a really good fast food place called Pie.

I think they are doing themselves a disservice by calling it Pie, as what they sell is more like pizzas. I've walked past it lots and never gone it because I haven't felt like a piece of Pie!

The owner/manager pounced on me as soon as I went in, able to tell I was a new customer. He let me have a pretty generous sized sample, and he wasn't too pushy.

The pizzas are sold by the pound, so you just tell them what size you want and then you pay by weight. This was one of the best pizzas I have ever had - it had a flat, wholewheat base, and really fresh ingredients - the sample I had had cubed tomato and mozzarella - it was really good.

I actually had a chicken salad for lunch, as I didn't realise you could have any size slice you want - I just saw the plate of the person in front of me - it was huge. And it was hot outside, but this place was just the right temperature. I am storing up mental notes of cafes with air conditioning (not fans - that just blows the hot air around) before it gets much hotter.

This is the website - unfortunately it doesn't have any pictures, and I didn't have my camera.

http://www.piebythepound.com/

No comments: